Friday, April 09, 2010

Will You Guys Stop Getting So Fat? Thanks.

Everyone who has ever seen me knows that I am fairly skinny. Or wiry, if you must be precise. I used to be able to get by with buying size "Medium" clothes, which usually fit pretty well. But just like in women's clothing, where some manufacturers will make their size "2" the equivalent of another manufacturer's size "4" to make women feel better about themselves, today's "Medium" is yesterday's "Large." I've had to start buying size small, because medium has gotten so huge. And that's worked pretty well for the last year or so.

So the other day I bought the most awesome shirt I'd ever seen, a team shirt for the minor league Richmond Flying Squirrels:


Awesome, right? Too bad even though it's a size small, it looks like a fucking nightgown on me! And I may be skinny, but I'm 5'10" and it still goes down to the middle of my thighs. Size small!

So America, please stop getting so fat. I'd like to be able to buy clothes that fit once in a while.

2 comments:

dg said...

i too suffer from this problem. i feel your pain.

but literally, middle of your thighs? that's just lunacy.

(another reason to hate nike.)

shrink it, dawg.

Eugene said...

Not only that, the sleeves go down to my elbows!

ShareThis