Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Great "River Monsters" Wolf Fish Switcheroo

One of the few shows I watch nowadays on TV is River Monsters (that's not an I'm-too-cool-for-TV statement; I just spend too much time listlessly surfing the Internet to watch a lot of TV), but the season 3 finale focusing on the Wolf Fish sort of tested the limits of credulity. Observe:

At the end of the episode, Jeremy hooks the fish and pulls it into the boat. The following screen cap is at 41:41:


Note the size of the fish - small enough for him to lift into to boat with one hand. Then, the scene transitions into a shot of him hoisting the fish up to his chest, culminating in the following screen cap at 41:49:


Look, I'm not a fish expert or anything, but I do have three semesters of coursework in "which thing is bigger than the other," and it looks like the fish in the second shot is like fucking five times bigger than the first one.

I know it's tough to film these kinds of shows, but seriously. Come on guys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's the same fish

ShareThis