Thursday, January 28, 2010

2009 MLB Prediction Scorecard

Now that the 2010 baseball season is fast approaching, it's time to look over my 2009 predictions, which I neglected to do at the end of the season because I am lazy.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

5. World Series Champion - New York Yankees. This kills me, it really does. As for the NL? Surprise! The LA Dodgers.

Unfortunately, I was right about the Yankees and wrong about the Dodgers.

4. Biggest Surprise - Dare I say it? Cincinnati Reds

If by "surprise" I meant "2-game improvement," I think we can call this a rousing victory. Blah.

3. Cy Young - Brandon Webb/Josh Beckett

Not only did these two assholes NOT win the Cy Young award, neither of them could even keep their ERA under 3.8.

2. World Baseball Classic Winner - Japan

Hit!

And since I have to get at least one right:
1. AL Hits Leader - Ichiro


Money in the bank.

So there it is, 3/7. Not even a passing grade in middle school.

Quote of the day:

From Mike Bacsik's Twitter page, upon accusations that he grooved the pitch that Barry Bonds hit out of the park for his record-breaking 756th homer:

"...I didn't try to give up the homerun. I was crappy enough to do it without trying."

No comments:

ShareThis