Friday, June 11, 2010

My, How You've Grown

Everyone's favorite [alleged]* serial rapist quarterback is in the headlines again - but this time for his inevitable interview where he puts on clothes that even I can afford and talks about how much he respects the game and how a subpar upbringing lead to alcohol abuse - maybe even shed a tear or two.

So most of the interview was pretty standard fare, but one line was really surprising:

"I've wanted to apologize to them [fans] for so many things. For being immature, for being dumb, for being young, for not knowing any better."

Fair enough, we are all young and immature at one point, and I still would be, if I was young. But I can accept that through years of life experience, one comes to appreciate his own obligations to society, like paying an honest tax assessment and not raping people. Wait, when was his latest alleged sexual assault?

Oh yeah, MARCH 5TH. Three months ago - when he was young and immature.

*Now I think Ben Roethlisberger's legal team can't sue me. But I dropped out of law school, so fuck if I know for sure.

No comments:

ShareThis