Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shame on Eliezer Alfonzo

Not for his PED suspension, but for his typical lame what-could-possibly-have-happened excuse, the second most annoying excuse right after "I just wanted to get back quickly from an injury because I LOVE THE GAME SO SO MUCH."

For once it would have been nice if he had said, "Look, my career OPS is .648 and if I'm not playing baseball for $400,000, I'm going to be cleaning the fry machine at McDonald's, so yeah, I took steroids."

I can respect that kind of candor. Not that it makes it okay to break the rules or anything, but I know plenty of people who inexplicably think it's okay to cheat through high school or falsify their resumes in the holy name of advancing their own interests, and then hypocritically turn right around and tut-tut the rash of athletes on PEDs.

TL;DR - Everyone's a douche. So why won't anyone just admit it?

No comments:

ShareThis