Friday, September 02, 2011

Another Year of Not Buying NCAA Football

I vowed never to buy NCAA Football again until they put Division I-AA teams back in, and four years into the boycott, they still refuse to do it. I know you can download individual teams from Teambuilder, but that's so ghetto, like having your own name put on the back of an NFL jersey. I thought the most fun in that game was taking William & Mary to the BCS championship after 3-4 years of struggling to beat I-A teams and land recruits.

But my own idiosyncrasies aside, I don't know why they won't just put them in already. It won't take much extra space or time if they just give them all generic stadiums like they used to. I feel that NCAA is one of those games where if you don't have a personal connection with your team, there's really no motivation to play it. Why the fuck would I want to be USC or Boise State? Even in NFL games it's fun to be the Vikings for a game or two, but playing as a different school just feels wrong.

With that said, I once wrote a post a long time ago about colleges having to take the blame for their shitty graduates if they were going to take credit for the great ones, so in the interest of fairness, I apologize on behalf of my institution to the entire United States for producing Michele Bachmann, LLM '88, and Eric Cantor, JD '88 (What was it about 1988 and crazies coming out of the law school? Must have been something in the water).

No comments:

ShareThis