Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hard and Fruity Now, Root Canal Later

Growing up, my favorite candy was unquestionably the venerable Now and Later (am I just a pervert or is "Hard and Fruity Now, Soft and Chewy Later" vaguely erotic?). Of course, despite the deliciously tangy flavor, the candy had the texture and hardness of industrial plastic. Even when you did manage to sink your chompers into it, as you tried to separate your jaws the candy had the unfortunate side effect of ripping the roots of your teeth clean out of your head. I recently stumbled across a pack while in West Virginia (don't ask), and it is as toothpulverizingly delicious as I remember. Nowadays, since my teeth are not so much teeth as they are composite resin filling, I have to heat them up in the microwave for a few seconds before trying to chew them. So unfortunately, at this juncture in my life, that's just too much hassle.

But lo and behold, one Google search later...

http://www.amazon.com/Later-Soft-Assorted-Taffy-candy/dp/B000T9QVA0/ref=pd_sim_gro_1

Somebody at that company DOES listen to feedback, albeit 20 years late!

No comments:

ShareThis