Sunday, June 28, 2009

It Might Be...Holy Cow

Thanks to the wonder of the Internet, I've seen footage of just about every exceptionally long home run ever hit in the last two or three seasons. A couple of shots by Adam Dunn and Richie Sexson have always stood out to me (no surprise), but it's time to add Jayson Werth (!) to that list:

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200906275269281&c_id=phi

Holy shit. That's gotta be one of the longest home runs I've ever seen. I tried to go to Hit Tracker to check, but the site is down right now. I targeted Jayson Werth heavily as a late sleeper in all my leagues, and he's currently on pace for a .271/34/97 line with 23 steals. Not bad for a guy I got as late as the 16th round.

But before anyone thinks I'm gloating about my fantasy baseball acumen, I should also point out that I targeted Jonathan Sanchez heavily as a late round sleeper too.

No comments:

ShareThis