Saturday, July 11, 2009

Biggest Fantasy Regrets, Midseason Edition

Usually I spend this time bitching about how half the players on the All-Star roster don't deserve to be there, but this year I actually don't have much to complain about...I don't even mind Jeter being there this year (Josh Hamilton, though, is another story).

So instead, I'm going to spend this time going over my biggest regrets thus far in fantasy baseball this year. And there are a lot of them, but here are the top 3.

1. Drafting Alfonso Soriano - Evidently, pitchers finally found out the secret to getting Soriano out this year--stop throwing him fastballs, because he just can't hit anything else.

2. Not picking up Ben Zobrist - At one point more than a month ago, I had my mouse cursor hovering over Zobrist with the intention of picking him up to fill the gigantic hole I had at 2B. I decided not to because I wasn't sure he'd have steady playing time, but then Iwamura went down for the season and now his 17 HRs and 11 steals are cooking on someone else's roster.

3. Spending too much on catchers - Even if you have a good catcher, they miss so many ABs that their impact in comparison to lesser-rated catchers is smaller than you'd think.

No comments:

ShareThis