Sunday, June 05, 2011

A New Frontier in Waking Up

Anyone who has even a cursory knowledge of me knows that I can't wake up for shit. I don't know, it's just hard for me for some reason; it's been like that my whole life. My parents contend that it's because I am lazy, which I am. But this is something completely different - I can sleep right through my alarm, or even more...ahem...*alarmingly,* sometimes I turn off my alarm and don't even remember doing it when I wake up later. I've always joked that I could sleep through an earthquake, and July of last year, I actually did.

So I'm always on the cutting edge of sleep research. And by "on the cutting edge of sleep research," I mean I've bought every single wake-up aid product sold in every dank corner of the Internet. I even spent $300 on the Axbo. Doesn't work.

Naturally, I was one of the first to preorder the Lark when it was announced in October, and it finally shipped on Wednesday. Supposedly, it uses vibration on your wrist to rouse you, and while I inexplicably can't find it any more, I swear they were claiming on their website that it woke up all of their heaviest sleeping test subjects. Bitch please. Test it on someone who slept through an earthquake and then come back to me.

Will it work? Stay tuned!

2 comments:

dg said...

you are gonna have to keep me posted on this. a- because i've experienced how incapable you are of getting up. b- because i'm a terrible sleeper and morbidly curious.

Eugene said...

Haha, yeah...sorry about that, bro.

ShareThis