Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stuff That Only Interests Me

I like looking at the batter vs. pitcher statistics because they make me feel like I'm using strategy when most of the time, I'm really not, because the sample sizes are way too small. I'll never forget the day that I sat Jeff Francoeur against Carlos Zambrano based on his 0-8 career record versus Big Z and watched him hit a home run. Still, you find out some crazy shit sometimes. Like A-Rod...the guy is 20 for 53 lifetime against Roger Clemens, but he just can't hit Sidney Ponson, of all people! (Granted, when he does make contact against Sidney, the ball goes a long way, but still.)

A-Rod vs. Sidney Ponson - 13-69, 3 BB, 19 K, 6 HR, 18 RBI

How about Albert Pujols?

Albert Pujols vs. Wandy Rodriguez - 3-20, 6 BB, 1 K, 0 HR, 0 RBI

And finally, the big boy, Barry Bonds, who has trouble hitting a guy the Giants just lit up last week. The Giants! My beer league softball team has more power than that lineup.

Barry Bonds vs. Jeff Suppan - 2-14, 2 BB, 0 K, 1 HR, 3 RBI

No comments:

ShareThis