Monday, October 05, 2009

NFL RedZone - Phenomenal.

This past weekend, NFL RedZone was having a free preview, so I took the opportunity to watch the channel. And man, it is AWESOME. Not only do they switch to teams that are in the red zone, but they'll switch off of even them in between plays to cut to a team that's actually snapping the ball. There are always so many commercial breaks in a single game broadcast that I'm always having to get up and do something else, but this is the first time I sat down for the 1:00 games and didn't get up until they were all over (except halftime, of course). Football without the boring parts, I approve.

I also have to say, Joe Flacco looks incredibly good. I like to see CAA alumni succeeding in the NFL, even modestly, but every time I see him play, I'm legitimately impressed by the guy. Don't look now, but the Ravens are 3rd in the NFL in total yards per game, at 413.5 (the Saints and Colts are both averaging 414.2). The Ravens putting up offense on par with the Saints? Say it ain't so! Times really are a-changin. Speaking of the Saints and the CAA, Darren Sharper already has 5 interceptions this season, has already returned two of them for TDs, and is already only 83 yards away from breaking the single season interception yardage record! Egads. And he has scored 9 more touchdowns in his career than the first quarterback picked in the draft the year Sharper was drafted. Can anyone guess the QB without cheating?

ShareThis