Monday, November 29, 2010

Why Not Black Wednesday?

And Tuesday and Thursday, for that matter?

Now let's get one thing straight - I doubt any retailer really waits until Thanksgiving to finally get "in the black" for the year. I certainly wouldn't buy shares in any such company that bleeds red ink all year and has to rely on Furby sales to turn profitable.


Who ever wanted this devilbirdrat?

But if the quintessential Black Friday "doorbuster" is extended to get people into stores, where they will presumably buy enough regularly priced crap to offset the discounts because, hey, they're at the store, so why not - and that is a revenue-generating phenomenon, then why not have Black Friday every day?

I should be running a company so I can drive it into the ground with exciting ideas that I spent 13 minutes thinking through.

It is my destiny.

No comments:

ShareThis