Monday, February 02, 2009

Mmm, Dolphin Sandwich

For the most part, humans are very reluctant to eat smart animals. You never hear about chimpanzee steaks or dolphin fillets. Personally, I don't know why it's better to eat dumb animals; while we've developed the notion that the more intelligent a creature is, the more value they have, I don't know why that's necessarily the case. It seems to me that a cow shouldn't have less of a right to life than a dolphin does simply because it's not as intelligent.

I'm not saying that we should stop eating cows. I'm saying we should start eating dolphins.

I kid, but we do eat very intelligent animals, it's just that nobody realizes it. Octopuses (yes, "octopuses," which is only correct, but arguably more correct than "octopi") are incredibly smart. They can even learn to open jars!



And if you haven't seen it before, this is absolutely mindblowing:



I can't eat the guys anymore!

No comments:

ShareThis