Sunday, January 11, 2009

24: Ugh.

So after tonight's season premiere of 24, my hopes that this season would be free of a government mole plotline have already been shattered. I still hope that Jack gets shot (not because I dislike him, but I think he's just due to get shot once after all this time), but if the prequel is any indication, it's a longshot. The producers yet again relied on the most ridiculous of cinematic mainstays, the hero-runs-across-an-entire-field-being-shot-at-by-10-guys-with-machine-guns-who-all-miss-as-hero-fires-pistol-once-and-kills-baddie technique.

But what really bugs me is how Jack is always arrested or under some kind of suspicion. I mean, at some point don't you just sit down and say, well, he's ALWAYS right, so maybe we should trust him this time? I mean, you'd think that after you save the country six times, you've accumulated enough brownie points to not get thrown in jail, but I guess not. Rob a bank with an assault rifle, though, and what do you get? A full presidential pardon, of course!

2 comments:

dg said...

haha i love 24, but yeah jack is like rambo in that way. he cant be touched.

to the show's credit, they do appoint other people these abilities from time to time. i refer to them as "this season's superman".

truth be told, i'm finding this season more compelling than the last few. maybe because tony is back.

Eugene said...

I am also glad Tony is back, though I think it's a little cheap that they meant to kill him but sort of sneaked him back in anyway. I can't wait for the inevitable confrontation between Tony and Bill over them both having slept with Michelle!

ShareThis