Monday, January 19, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing?

As inauguration stuff gets underway and the Washington area prepares to close down, I wonder what the big deal is. Don't get me wrong, I really like Obama, and a black president is definitely a historical milestone, but hasn't the history already been made? I feel like Election Day was the exciting historical day, and inauguration will be the snoozer where everybody just talks for hours.

So I don't understand all the "Omigod I can't wait for Obama to be inaugurated!" America, he's already president, for all intents and purposes! That's like saying, "Omigod, I can't wait for the Phillies World Series ring presentation ceremony!" They're already champions!

With that said, I guess I'm just not that sentimental, because if I had known how hot and long and boring my own college graduation would have been, I would have skipped that too.

No comments:

ShareThis