Sunday, January 18, 2009

Here We Go Again...

It's the 4th quarter of the Baltimore/Pittsburgh game right now, and this time it's Dick Enberg who takes the honors for gratuitous use of the reverse call. Flacco took the snap, handed it off to...I don't remember, but it was an end around, and then mystery player flipped the ball to Mark Clayton running in the other direction for a big gain. "DOUBLE REVERSE!" cried Dick Enberg, but it was only a plain old reverse, because prior to the flip to Clayton, the ball had not reversed direction.

Baltimore has just scored to make it 16-14. I would love to see either Baltimore or Pittsburgh against the Cardinals' offense, but if Baltimore wins, my hopes for an all-bird Super Bowl will come to fruition.

And congratulations to my favorite player Kurt Warner, who is back in the Super Bowl after his career languished on life support for 4 years and was pretty much left for dead. Kurt, through it all, during all this time, I thought your career was dead too. I was wrong.

EDIT: I assumed it was Dick Enberg, but it looks like it was either Jim Nantz or Phil Simms. I have to admit, I don't know their voices well enough to tell.

No comments:

ShareThis