Monday, January 05, 2009

Oh My God, it's a...Reverse?

In honor of the football playoffs, I offer probably my #1 pet peeve (other than teams who are like, 2-13 and yet still refuse to go for it on 4th and short, especially when I have that team's players on my fantasy team): football announcers announcing a "reverse" on a play where it's not actually a reverse.

I think Dick Stockton is the absolute worst at this, but I've definitely heard Joe Buck make the mistake too. A wide receiver will break off and run across the backfield and take the handoff directly from the quarterback and keeps running, and poor senile old Dick always calls it a reverse. Sorry Dick, anyone who has played half a game of video Madden since 1993 can correctly tell you that that is not, in fact, a reverse, but an end-around.

With that said, my fearless Super Bowl prediction is: Pittsburgh vs. New York. Though I am tempted to pick the Ravens to beat the Steelers...it's a damn travesty that everyone is on their knees sucking Matt Ryan's cock when Joe Flacco has been every bit as good. Colonial Athletic Association pride forever!

No comments:

ShareThis